Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Peddler Show

So, Friday night was my first night away from Gabe in a long time.  I can't remember when the last time was that I got to go out without him or Bill for that matter.  We did have a date night a week or so back but other than that...it has been awhile.  Well, Sue & I ventured out to The Peddler Show.  Midland doesn't ever have very many things going on so I saw this ad on TV for this event so I figured we would go pay our 5 bucks and go check it out.  Well, needless to say it was good to get out but what I was expecting, booths filled with inexpensive crafts or handmade items turned out to be this over-priced boutique type show.  It was nice if you wanted to pay 45.00 for a personalized tote bag!  They had a ton of Jewelry tables set up-some reasonably priced others were not.  They also had a ton of booths that sold clothes...you know the bedazzler kind...nothing I would ever wear or pay 75.00 for.  Ha!  I was able to come across a booth that sold baby items (along with 4 or 5 other booths that sold very similar if not the same things) cute little bloomers that you could get personalized.  I ventured out and paid for the cute little bloomers for Lily so her diaper doesn't hang out under her dresses.  I was also able to come across a few little things for fall but other than that...it was a short, kid-free evening out.  We ended up meeting Bill & Gabe for ice cream later on...taking a 3 year old out to a restaurant close to bed time is never a very fun ending to an evening.

2 comments:

Linda said...

I want to see pictures of the bloomers!

Yuhasz Family said...

I will have to take some pictures.