Sunday, October 19, 2008

Yuhasz Family Update

It has been an interesting few days and we haven't returned everyone's calls to check in on us-sorry. Things have been going good but a little rough at times with the whole transition with Gabe & us shaking up his world. Here is a little update as to what has been going on with us since we have been home.

Thursday: We came home & hung out around the house most of the day. Gabe was very excited to have us all home but he was very high strung. Bill & Gabe went out to do some errands to give me a break. It was crazy to think that we are now a family of 4. Friends from our brought us dinner that night which was fantastic. Jake & Jessi stopped over for a quick visit with all of us. Our first night home with Lily didn't go quite as smooth as it did with Gabe (he slept 5 hours our first night home) I think she was a little confused that it was bed time and not awake time. :-) She is not too fond of the pacifier & she keeps trying to get her thumb but once she does she is not satisfied with that either. So, needless to say I didn't get too much sleep.

Friday: Gabe went to school today, praise God! The timing of us coming home & everything couldn't of been better. Bill brought him to school a little late and Lily & I were able to just hang out at home together. It wasn't exactly an uneventful day by any means. By the time we got up & going around 10-I fed her & then we got ready to go to the doctor's for a weight check. We left around 11:15-got to the doctor's & got right in. I stripped her down & got her weight check done 6lbs 10oz. Not too bad of a weight loss. I sat in the exam room waiting for the doctor to come in with my naked baby covered with a blanket. I just wanted to take a nap...40 minutes later the doctor finally came in to tell me that she looks good & her weight was fine. We were done in like 5 minutes. So, I got her dressed & finally got to go home. We ate again at like 1:30 & I finally got to lay down for my "quiet & relaxing day" at 2:00. Gabe was done at school at 2:30. I have come to realize that she wasn't happy with her paci so I dug out all the different kinds that I had and offered her a different one-she did not like it at all & then she finally seemed satisfied with the MAM paci. So that kept her happy for a little while. We just hung out around the house...Jake & Jessi stopped by to visit & then we went to bed. We kept Lily up for a while tonight & she slept a lot better. Definately still a work in progress but she did much better than night 1.

Saturday/Sunday: So, we have been in the house since Thursday for the most part. We were getting a little stir crazy and were ready to get out & do something. We wanted to plan a special day for Gabe & really do something fun. So, we all snuggled in bed & watch cartoons in the morning. Then we decided to take a trip to check out the local Farmer's Market which for Midland wasn't too bad. We went late in the morning so a bunch of the better produce was gone but we did get some stuff. We then took Gabe to the Pumpkin Patch to get a pumpkin for the porch. (even though we already picked up a few at the store) So, we had a great time at the Pumpkin Patch & Gabe picked out a huge pumpkin & he picked out a cute little one for Lily. We went to Whataburger & Gabe had a little melt down that we couldn't eat at Chick-Fil-A which is sad that we eat out that often. Then we went to the Russo's to visit for an hour....or like 5. Last night with Lily was rough! She ate at like 11:45 & then was wide awake & unhappy so I fed her again at 1:45...finally got to lay down around 2 something...she slept until about 2:45 woke up crying. She didn't want her Paci she didn't want anything. So, I picked her up...she was wet...changed her....she was wide awake until about 3:45. I fed her again around 3:15. I finally got to go back to sleep around 4. She woke up again at 5:50..I assumed she was hungry so I tried to feed her...nope she didn't want that...she didn't want her paci...nothing. So, I let her snuggle next to me in our bed & she went back to sleep until I woke her up to eat at like 9. She ate & was awake for a while then she was grumpy I tried her MAM paci....nope didn't want anything to do with it. Which she didn't last night either. So, I decided to try the one from the hospital & she took that one right away & went right to sleep. I was like hmmm....maybe she will like that one. Even though I think they look silly...if it makes her makes me happy! Bill & Gabe went to church & we just hung out. So far today is great. I got a 30 minute nap in, a cup of coffee, Lily is sleeping, gabe is chillin' with Daddy & I get to have a little peace & quiet before it is feeding time again....

No comments: