Monday, March 1, 2010

The Character of God/Life Update

So at Stonegate we have been looking at the Charatcter of God and how that plays out in our every day life. It was been wrecking mine! I go each week and get impacted on how I want to do more. I want to fix my eyes on those people around me who need Jesus that day. My "jesus radar". I have been trying to follow through with what God lays on my heart by bringing meals to our neighbors...totally out of my comfort zone. I wanted to do a random act of kindness to be Jesus to them. My circle of influence is small...of Jesus needing people. I love to encourage and be there for my friends but they have just as much opportunity to be with the Lord that I do. It's just the choices and decisions that we make. I often times fall short & fail on spending time in the word on a consistent, daily basis. I am striving.

I am tired of living an empty life. That may be kind of harsh but I want my life to be meaningful. I doubt when I get to thirty I'll say....man all those episodes of Biggest Loser, and My Life as Liz, and the Buried Life were the best moments in my life. I want to get to thirty (which is a few more years away...phew!) and say man I have loved living life to the fullest. I want to impact people lives and invest in them.

On a side note, our MOMS group is thriving. We had a HUGE turnout for when Patrick & Cindy Payton spoke and then this last time it was back to normal as we figured it would be. We are getting new moms each week which is great! I just want to be used in that ministry to encourage and bring hope to SAHM. We need all the encouragement we can get!

I have been doing a lot of life evaluating lately since we have been doing this whole character of God series and what that looks like in our lives. I am trying to find meaning and purpose to what I do. What I will do when Gabe goes to school. When Lily is in CDO. When life simply changes again. I need something to do! So, with the encouragement of Janice Henry I am going to be starting my own business. I think it will be called Papercutz or Creativecutz. I am super excited and I hope that God will bless it. I need something to focus on and I would love to be able to contribute financially if possible. So, it will be a variety of monogrammed things, post-it note holders,clipboards, frames, pens, favors, notepads....etc. I think it will give me a little "job" to do. I am looking forward to the journey that could possibly be.

Well I am also praying through Gabe getting into the magnet school. I went last week and filled out my papers and prayed over them several times as I stood in the elevator to bring to turn them in. I hope & pray we get selected. We shall wait until April 30th to find out the news!

For today I am closing with this verse that struck a cord in me this morning during my devotions: do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you.

Lord I want to fix my eyes on you and be content with what I got!

No comments: