Friday, July 2, 2010

Sarah's Best Ever Cheese Fondue Recipe

Okay so I always look to try and new fondue recipe and I always have enjoyed the ones I have made but tonight I made a more kid-friendly one (with no wine) and it has been my favorite one by far! You can adjust the cheese how you want it...more or less of one or the other but this is what I did tonight and LOVED it!

1 3/4 cups chicken broth
1 clove of garlic, minced
.25 lb Manchego Cheese, shredded
.50 lb good quality swiss cheese (from the Gruyere section just a little cheaper), shredded
1 bag of Monterey Jack Cheddar Cheese
3 teaspoons flour

Pour the chicken broth into a pot, add the minced garlic. Once it starts to simmer scoop a little out into a cup and mix with the flour until smooth. Add the shredded cheeses and then stir in the flour mixture. Cook until everything is smooth and creamy.

Rub the inside of cool fondue pot with a clove of garlic before turning on. Warm up and add your yummy cheese mixture!

Serve with your favorite dippers. Mine are lightly steamed cauliflower & broccoli, bread, and apples.




No comments: