Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful

As I stood at my sink tonight doing dishes for I think the 100th time today I thought about the things I was thankful for.  Of course I am thankful for the obvious things like my family, friends, and Jesus.


I am thankful that I can stand at my sink & get the front of my shirt wet every time I do the dishes...that I have milk cups that take 15 minutes to disassemble and clean even though often times I complain about it.  I am still glad I see them in my sink every day.  I am thankful that I can cook & clean for my family....even though I will have to do it all again in a half an hour (at least the clean part).  It makes my heart happy when I finish folding laundry and Lily looks up & says, Thank You mommy.  My heart is grateful that I have that laundry to fold.  I love that I can make special treats for the holidays.  Even if it is just a bag of mixed nuts for my husband to crack open and enjoy.  I am thankful for my mother-in-law and that we all get along & she loves Jesus.  I am so thankful that my parents live here and take the time to invest in my kids life on a daily basis.  Like stopping by just to bring ice cream...so what if it is right before bed.  I love it!  I am blessed beyond measure with Godly friends who take time out of their schedules daily to pray together for our husbands & families.  I am so thankful that I have the opportunity to witness Jesus meet the needs of those around me.  He is forever faithful & our great provider.  I am thankful for a ministry that I am able to be a part of & that God calls me worthy enough to lead.  I am so glad that my kids love being together as a family, doing family things...playing games, snuggling, watching movies.  I am so thankful that they love Jesus as much as they know how and sing praises to Him.  What joy it brings me...I cannot imagine the joy it brings to the Father.  I am thankful God allows me to be creative & that I am able to use the gifts & talents he has given me.  I am so thankful that Gabe is so thoughtful of others.  I am thankful that my husband works so hard for his family.  I am thankful that he loves his kids, spends time with them, and truly invests in their lives on a daily basis.  I am thankful that God loves me more than I will ever know!  I feel like a blessed woman.  God has truly blessed me with great things that I don't think I could ever sum up all the gratitude & thankfulness that overflows from my heart.  I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!  Many blessings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow!!!!!!!!! made me realize i am thankful for many of these things as well. great post sarah!