Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010


Each Thanksgiving gets better and better as we have more family moving down, or kids to take part of our Thanksgiving traditions.  (don't worry no more kids to take part...the 2 we have are just great, lol)  This year Gabe really wanted to make some chex mix.  I was thrilled to make it because growing up that was a tradition my grandma used to do each year.  She would literally fill an 18 gallon tote full of it.  Along with carmel corn too.  She would always have it on hand to use as a gift or set out for when company would stop by.  It's a great idea.  Who doesn't like chex mix & carmel corn?  Well, I'll be honest Gabe & I agreed that the only parts of the chex mix that we like were the pretzels & the chex.  So, that's how we made it.

We had so much fun!  After we made it all, cooked it for an hour...Gabe didn't like it.  :-(  Oh well, the rest of us did!

Thanksgiving Morning

We obviously kicked off the morning with the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade!  I can't wait until the day we bring our kids there.  All that crazy, chaos and excitement looks like so much fun!  One day! 

Breakfast Included
Toaster Strudle/Waffles (my kids are addicted)
Sausage Balls
Ham & Cheese Quiche
Lil' Smokies in an Apple Maple Glaze
Banana Bread


and lots of SNUGGLE time on the couch!

Mid-Day Snacks
Olive/Pickle Tray
Chex Mix
Beef Stick/Cheese & Crackers
Ham Rolls
 the olive monster....ahhhhhh!

 The family also played a little Candy Land and Uno Attack while I 
got things cookin' in the kitchen & Lily took her nap.


This is what our table looked like.  I printed out the leaves for the place cards that I found here.

We all dove into the Thanksgiving goodness!


 don't worry it's just Watermelon juice! :-)
 yummy!

I was proud of my gravy.  I usually get my MIL to make it that way if it comes out bad they can just blame her, ha!  This year I took on the challenge.  I was a little nervous I'm not gonna lie.  But I kept thinning, and whisking, and flouring, and whisking, and thinning, and fretting....until perfection!  I thought it was great & I heard no complaints when they were consuming it.  :-)

 The family's all ready....except my mom was working.  She came and ate later!
Gabe wanted to eat the drumstick like Poppie!  Fine with me!  I like the white meat better!  :-)  He ate just about all of it too!  
We ended our day with lots of laziness, dessert, more eating, deal hunting, and lots of quality time spent together.  We had a great Thanksgiving!  Hope you did too!





No comments: