Thursday, May 19, 2011

Every Victory Is Yours

I had to come back and revist our worship & sermon this past Sunday...I got swept away before the throne and overcome with great joy as I stood there and worshiped!  We were singing a song that we sang often when we first moved to Midland.  At the time I clung to this song because my prayer was that He would not let me go.  I would weep, and beg for God to just show us that He was holding us.   That He was going to show up.  That He was going to provide for us.  We often felt so alone & unsure why we were even in Midland but knew this is where God wanted us.  We were going through great financial struggles.  My heart was so heavy and burdensom that I just hoped and prayed God would reveal his plan to us.  The emotions of how I felt 5 years ago flooded my soul how I just wanted to find rest.


I can see the light that is coming for the heart that holds on there will be an end to these troubles but until that day comes still I will praise you, still I will praise you.


Regardless of my circumstances-I was to praise Him.  Even if I didn't know where Bill's next job was coming from or if we would even have money for the rent.  I was to praise him.  This song always brought great comfort because I believed He would take care of us with my whole heart.


If my God is with me, whom than shall I fear, whom then shall I fear?  Oh no you never let go through the calm and through the storm.  Oh no you never let go in every high and every low.  Oh no you never let go of me.  Lord you never let go of me.


This Sunday I could stand there and sing with great passion that He truly will never let us go.  He is my great PROVIDER!  He is FAITHFUL!  He is my HOPE!  I will ALWAYS TRUST HIM!

I will fear no evil, for my God is with me. ..


I got so caught up with emotion because our journey has been hard, wearisome, and challenging.  I remember one thing our Pastor said when we went through the series War of the Wills and he said that when the going gets tough most people just throw in the towel-and I believe we didn't do that.  We clenched our fists and knew God was going to bring us through that winter season and into a summer time.  He did just that.  It got harder before it got easier, for sure!

The very next song we sang was Overcome...seriously?

All authority, every victory is yours.  Savior worthy of honor and glory worthy of all of our praise you overcame.  Jesus awesome in power forever awesome and great is your name for you overcame.


I get so overjoyed that I can't hardly breath because of the angst inside of my soul.  He is so REAL.  He is so WORTHY of our PRAISE!  He is so FAITHFUL!  He is so LOVING!  He is MY GOD!  I PRAISE HIM for all the blessings in my life.   I give Him all the HONOR & GLORY!

I am alive because I am alive in you.  It's all because of JESUS I am alive.  It's all because the blood of Jesus Christ. That covers me and raised this dead man's life.  It's all because of JESUS!

Then Patrick got up & gave us message that will rip you apart.  I think I am still trying to digest it.  I sure hope you stop for a moment this week and listen to it.  It truly will rock your world!

No comments: