Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day

I am so glad I can finally post!  My blog has been down the past couple days I have tried to get on!  I hope y'all had a fabulous Mother's Day!  Here's a little peek into what we did!
Mother's Day Spa Escape
in Gabe's Class. 
Mrs. Putnam totally went above & beyond for her class!  She set up this little "retreat" for all of the moms.  It was so much fun.  Once we arrived we received a bag from our child with a little tag on it with his picture in it.  Super cute :-)  The picture is really nice too!  Inside the bag had a craft for us to do, an eye mask, and instructions about our day.  We made his cute little frame, took turns giving each other a massage, putting lotion on & eating!  We had some yummy pinwheels, cheese & crackers, cake & a tea punch!  So much fun!  Did I say that already??

On Mother's Day-I felt like I got to do all of my favorite things!  First of all my kids spent the night at my mom's house so I got to wake up kidless-I know it was MOTHER'S DAY and I should be with my kids but it was GREAT!  I got to get up, get dressed, and Bill treated me to some Starbucks before church-serisouly?  He also bought me this fabulous necklace!  I LOVE it!  It has the kids names & the year they were born.
He got it at lilly ellen designs on etsy!  Super fabulous!  I will cherish it forever!

After getting home from church my mom & dad came over & we had some breakfast burritos.  My mom brought me this gift the kids made-a cookbook (I forgot to take a picture of it) that was filled with recipes I like to make i.e chicken salad, tomato salad, pancakes, waffles, chocolate chip cookies.  Let's just say I have never made waffles in my life unless they have come out of the freezer or it was at a continental breakfast at a hotel.  :-)  But hey they can think I make them, haha!  Gabe also spent HOURS making me this amazing banner.  I wonder where he got the idea to make a banner, lol.  Isn't it so fun?  It decorates our hallway.  I might just need to leave it up forever!
We also snagged a few pictures of me & the kids!

Gabe and I made some chocolate covered strawberries together!


I said I got to do what I loved!  So Gabe & I planted over 40 plants that day!  So maybe it was more me than him but hey he still helped!  Check out the before & after!



We planted 6 tomato plants, 4 peppers, several different herbs & lots of flowers!

We even busted out the slip n slide!  Yes I did go down it!

We wrapped up our day with a big turkey dinner-who says you can only have turkey once a year??
I love to cook for my family!  I also made 2 banners before bed!  

I got to go get coffee, praise Jesus at church, play with my kids, cook, plant, play some more, spend time with my family & create stuff-can it get much better?  

Here are a few pictures of flowers from around our yard!  May you soak in the beauty of our creator today!  Hope you all had a great Mother's Day!

No comments: