Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Healthy Taco Salad

This taco salad will leave your belly full afterwards! It's so yummy! I am sure their are a million taco salad recipes out there but I just kind of threw this one together last night and it was so good! I even had leftovers for lunch today! It seems pretty healthy to me! Hope you try it out!

Healthy Taco Salad

Ingredients
Fresh Spinach
Canned Corn, no salt added, drained
Canned Black Beans, drained & rinsed
Cherry Tomatoes, sliced
1 lb. ground turkey
1 packet taco seasoning mix
1 cup whole grain or brown rice cooked according to directions
1/4 cup salsa
sour cream (optional)
cheese (optional)

Brown turkey, drain. Add spice packet according to directions. Cook rice according to directions, mix in 1/4 cup salsa into rice.

In a bowl layer the fresh spinach, black beans, corn, cherry tomatoes, and then layer on the rice, but just enough to cover the top. I didn't use all that I cooked. Layer with cooked & seasoned ground turkey. Sprinkle the top with shredded cheese. Once served add a dollop of sour cream as your "dressing" or you could use a dollop of salsa.

While eating it last night I totally could of put some avocado in there too. Bill & I both loved it! Enjoy!




No comments: