Thursday, August 5, 2010

Kindergarten Blues

I had another restless night last night as I tossed & turned thinking about all the things that could go wrong when Gabe goes to Kindergarten.  I am a mess!  It's like pulling the bandaid off a healing wound slowly...I wish I could just yank it quickly and see it's alright.

I am just overwhelmed with the thoughts of influence.  Who will be influencing him?  What will influence him?  Will he have the courage to do what is right when being influenced to do what is wrong?  Will he be bullied?  Will he be overly nice & get walked on?  I know it's only kindergarten but kids are mean these days.  For the last 5 years my job and role as a mother is to protect him, keep him safe, nurture him...not that I will stop that role but he's growing up and my role is changing some.  I am trying to cope and deal with what that all looks like.  My heart wants to stay with him all day, be sure no one hurts him, make sure he eats enough lunch, and gets to where he needs to be safely.  But my mind says Sarah get a freakin' grip...it's only kindergarten.  It's okay for him to experience hurt and it's no big deal if he doesn't eat his lunch.  Like I said I am a mess!

Today I rest in, Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares for you.  1 Pet. 5:7

3 comments:

Doing the Life Thing...Gabler Style said...

Hey Girl! First let me say I'm loving you blog. Im try,try, trying to get back on the blogging train, but its a slowww progress:)!
Anyhow...I couldn't have put my very thoughts into words better than your post today. I too am really struggling with Chloe starting kindergarten in about 2 weeks. Its consuming me but ll while knowing Gods in control and I need to lean on Him...its soooo hard!! I'm definitely going to be praying for you as I'm working through it too.

Humbled in Him...
Mel

ps: Gabe and Lily are gorgeous as can be!!!

Lacy said...

Gabe will be fine...he reminds me a lot of how Madison was at that age...mature and independant. I NEVER worried about her and she did just fine. It's not until the later years when the kids start being mean. I'm worried sick though about Gage because I'm not sure if he's even tall enough to reach a sink to wash his hands or strong enough to open the doors or carry his lunch tray. I guess though he will figure it out somehow...thankfully he will have his big sissy in the same school just in case. ;)

Papercutz said...

Thanks y'all for your encouragement. Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I haven't checked it lately. I am feeling more ready as it gets closer. I know God works all things together for my good!